Search This Blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

From A Man's Perspective

Over the past week, I have been working to polish off my presentation. In doing so, I realized that I have a huge blog post opportunity. I have talked about why females seem to struggle in engineering, how universities are responding to the issue, and even some commercials that attempt to counter the stigma through their presence on social media. However, I never really addressed a male perspective on the issue.

One of the people from my internship shared the following article with me and, quite honestly, I am a bit speechless. The article discusses the differences in the kind of struggles faced by engineers. Clearly, engineering isn't any easy profession to pursue. However, this man shows that despite his physical disabilities, mental hardships, and tedious hours spent on rigorous course work ... females still suffered more when it comes to the engineering education system.

Rather than describing the article, I thought I would let it speak for itself... Here is the photo from the newspaper it was published in.
male_engineering_student_explains_why_female_classmates_arent_his_equals_featured

http://shareably.net/male-engineering-student-explains-why-female-classmates-arent-his-equals-v1


I chose to share this as a blog post so that you can see how important it is to consider how your persepctives might be altered when you gain access to more information! I challenge you to seek out someone who challenges sterotypes and thank them for their determination to invoke change in society.


No comments:

Post a Comment