Search This Blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

Farewell and Thank you! (:

Hi everyone,

Wow! Time has truly gone by so fast these past few months. I hope you learned a little more about how gender stereotypes within engineering are quickly changing in today's progressive society. However, above all of the data and interesting articles, I hope that you enjoyed the journey that this project was for me :)

I want to say a special thank you to Dawn, the President of MJS. Thank you for opening your doors to me and for letting me take up a spot on your team for the past few months. It was an honor working at your company with people that were so driven and kind!

Thank you to Chuck Chase, my on-site advisor. Thank you for pushing me when it came to the projects that you gave me. I'm not going to lie, I doubted my abilities a few different times with some of the tasks that you gave me but the fact that you had no doubt about me being able to do it gave me a glimpse of hope in the face of oncoming adversity. While I know that the path down a career in engineering is not going to be easy, you helped me to see that it is possible. Thank you for your support and for your confidence in abilities I didn't even know I had!

I also want to thank Stacy. Thank you for helping me gain my footing and for helping me whenever I had questions (which was pretty often! :) ). Thank you for signing my time sheets every week and for always getting my the most up to date information so I didn't feel lost! I appreciate your guidance through this process!

Lastly, thank you to the team, thank you so much for letting me shadow you around. Thank you for showing me what you do in a day. Everyone that I worked with loved their job which made learning such an easy process because everyone truly wanted me to walk away having learned a new lesson! Thank you for your encouragement and for the fun laughs that we shared!


Thank you everyone! I look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow for my final presentation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment